“And they lived happily ever after.” Think about this line for a few minutes. Are you living happily ever after? If not, what will it take for you to get there?
Right now? No, I’m not. Life is good. I’m staying afloat above the sea of potential debt and life stressors, but my happily ever after has not been reached. To me HEA is when you are happy with where your life is, whether it’s single and successful or with someone and living life. I’m single and successful but I want to be with someone and living life. I did a post about a related topic when I first started this blog titled “Me + 10 years =“.
In my previous post I mentioned getting together with someone who I could potentially see being married to, but I don’t want to settle. I shouldn’t have to settle even if we (jokingly) made a pact about marrying when we’re 30 if we’re both still single. Well 30 is just around the corner for me and there is no one on the horizon. I’ve talked about it with my co-workers, cause when we actually have downtime (very rarely) we get off on tangents about life and beliefs and what we want to do with our vacation time.
I brought up the topic one day of what traits I would want in a potential partner who I would consider marrying. Some are already married and pitched in their two cents but for the most part I was asking the rest of the singles. A list was in the works the longer we discussed it.
- Job: I’m not really too picky about what he does for a living, just as long as he has a stable job that helps with the finances. [kind of a deal breaker]
- School: Again, not really too picky as long as they have a good paying job, but I would like someone who is on my level – at least an Associate’s. [not a deal breaker]
- Politics: Don’t really care. I’m kinda on the fence myself so which ever they choose to associate with is not a problem. I’m sure it would lead to some interesting discussions. [not a deal breaker]
- Religion: I don’t have a very strong affiliation with this one either. I am a Christian, but I don’t attend church. I would like to so this is a topic that would need to be discussed. [not a deal breaker]
- Children: I want kids eventually. End of story. [dealbreaker]
- Marriage: This is something else that I want in life – a partner to share my adventures with. [dealbreaker]
- Travel: Love traveling. Whether it’s for vacation or just a personal trip. This may make me want to move frequently. I’m still not sure if I could ever settle in one place for very long. [kind of a deal breaker]
Participate in todays Daily Prompt: Happily Ever After.