This is something new to try! In the last few months (almost a year) since Andrew and I have been living together I’ve been trying to find recipes that both of us will enjoy. Whenever it’s our night off, whether it’s just one of us or both, we try to cook dinner for the other. Being as he is a vegetarian it was kind of tricky to find recipes that he likes as well as me. Pinterest is my savior!
There are so many recipes on there from many different blogs, some I already follow, and this is one that is easy to make and leaves no left overs. Three Cheese Stuffed Shells by Love Grows Wild on The Recipe Critic. A big hit for us! Here is the recipe with pictures from my own cooking experience.
Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- 20 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 15 ounce container ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces (2 cups) grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 egg
- 1 – 26 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta shells according to package directions for al dente, about 9 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan, 1½ cups of the mozzarella, egg, salt, pepper, and basil. Spread ¾ of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 13×9 inch baking dish.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the pasta shells and place in the baking dish. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over shells and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5-10 minutes more.
The final result???
Amazing deliciousness. I haven’t tried making them ahead of time or freezing them as the recipe says you can but I’ll probably try that in the future. I usually pair this with some Cheddar Bay Biscuits.